We have invited judges who are highly regarded experts in their field to assess and evaluate all Design Award entries, let’s meet them…
Company Director at Promote Ltd
Sue is Managing Director of Promote Ltd, an events management company based in Wellington. She’s best known for her role as Awards Manager for the prestigious Pride In Print Awards.
She has held this role since the inception of the Awards in 1993 and was actively involved in the creation of the Awards programme for the New Zealand Print Industry in 1992.
Director of Create Design Studio - Printing.com Rangiora
Laura is the winner of Redshift’s Designer of the year award in 2019. She was the lead graphic designer in her studio for 3 years, she now leads a successful design team in her studio. Laura is passionate about brand strategy and visual identity for business. She has 7 years experience working in the industry and is honoured to be on the judging panel for this years design awards.
Assistant Head of Faculty – Web & Graphic, Yoobee Colleges, Wellington Campus
Jess has taught across a wide variety of programmes in the Web & Graphic department of Yoobee – School of Design. Before teaching at Yoobee, Jess worked as a designer and consultant in a variety of businesses; ranging from tech start-ups to magazines, to small boutique businesses. Jess continues to freelance for many of those businesses still. She loves seeing creative thinking in action and is passionate about how design can be used to solve problems and create beautiful experiences.
How do they judge?
- Demonstrates evidence of clear thinking and a compelling strategy (10%)
- Understands and responds to the brief (15%)
- Understands the context and audience for the work (10%)
- The work demonstrates a high level of creativity and originality (15%)
- Demonstrates a strong idea or message (10%)
- Is visually compelling (10%)
- Translates/expresses both Thinking and Concept well (10%)
- Demonstrates best current practice in the selected medium (10%)
- Understands and exploits the medium/resources used (10%)